miércoles, 3 de julio de 2013

Questions

Everyday at my job I meet with a man, woman, couple, or family from somewhere in the world on vacation. Sometimes from Washington, sometimes Minnesota, Atlanta, Dallas, Australia, Toronto.. the point is who knows. But in the first five minutes of meeting these people I am always asked something along the lines of, "How did you end up here?" Being that this is a question I answer roughly five times a week, I've developed a short, sweet, and to the point story. This is just one of many questions I answer over a couple hours period. "What does your mom think?", "Do you live alone??!", "Do you feel safe?", "How old are you?", "Do you want to live here forever?", and believe me! it goes on!

I thought about this: If complete strangers get to know the exact story, reasons and choices I've made, then all of my friends and family should too, right? People typically see me here, look very confused, and then dig into the why. I think a lot of people that I know back home have got to be a little curious why I've chosen to do this for so long. OR maybe i'm already ruled out as that crazy psycho bitch girl, who knows..

Yes, one thing led to another and I now live in Mexico. Did I plan for this? No. Am I happy I did? UM YES! unbelievably happy. Do i plan on living here forever? No. Why did i do it? I think I am slightly crazy, but also just spontaneous and free spirited. It feels good to be like that, you should try it out. I am a true believer in do what makes you happy and fuck the rest. What will happen to our hearts if we neglect them. They become bitter and jealous and dry and old. hahah ok not really but I think we should do what we want. This is what I want.

Living here has been an entirely new experience and each day brings something more. There is something so peaceful about this bay. The sunsets, the big bowl of blue water, jungle, waterfalls, tropical storms,-- yesterday I literally got caught up an almost hurricane. I was wearing white shorts and a tank top. You have no time to escape this shit! It just happens! I ran into the nearest Oxxo, bought 12 garbage bags,Jerry and i walked down the river flooded streets in our g-bag ponchos. I was perfectly dry by the time I got to the new location of The Pitt, which by the way is awesome!!! However, cars flood, coconuts travel down the streets which briefly become rivers with currents. Everything runs down the giant mountains of the Sierra Madres to the bay. All the while thundering, lightening all within a mile radius.. kind of fun.

Let me tell you, this is NOT something you could ever put a price on. This is not something you can ever take away from me. People might call me nuts. I am so different from who I used to be. I feel so liberated because here, I can become my own.

Successful people make plans, that's just what we do.
and I plan to be successful.
But most importantly, I plan to be happy. Always.

XOXXO Lily


"I'm tired of feeling like im fuckin crazy, I’m tired of driving ‘til I see stars in my eyes
It’s all I’ve got to keep myself sane, babySo I just ride, I just ride
Hear the birds on the summer breeze, I drive fastI am alone at midnightBeen trying hard not to get into trouble, but I, I’veGot a war in my mindI just rideJust ride"


Lana Del Rey , RIDE












 Cielo Rojos
 Hiking

 The office



 no biggie...












1 comentario:

  1. so proud of you ! and i love your posts!! but i miss you like crazy xoxoxo

    ResponderEliminar